Saturday, April 11, 2009

My CV

Hubby was updating his CV recently and that got me thinking. If I were to have a CV, perhaps this is what it would look like.

Personal skills and qualities

- Efficient multitasker

(I can change a diaper while feeding another child, all the while keeping an eye on lunch on the stove, draw up a lesson plan for tuition and a grocery list and draft out a new writing assignment in my head)

- Excellent time management

(I can have lunch, feed the baby and pat him to sleep, rush off for tuition, buy a week's worth of groceries, go to the library to return and borrow books, then come home and edit an article all within the span of 3 hours)

- Exceptional driving skills

(Honed from ferrying the kids all over the island for school, outings, enrichment classes, having to negotiate the tightest spaces in ancient shopping centres and jostling for parking space with other frenzied mums. Hubby says i can drive like a man, and coming from him, that is the highest praise indeedm cos he is a fervent lady driver hater.)

- Inexhaustible energy

( On worst case scenario days, i can function with just 2 hours of sleep, when the baby wakes 5 times a night, and i have to keep sponging an older child who's running a temperature. No help cos hubby's away. Most days i function with 5 hours of broken sleep)

- Dogged determination

(See post on nursing strike)

- Effective communicator

(I can talk down a wailing preschooler with the most creative promises in record time. I can convince hubby that i didnt scratch the front bumper of the car while it was in my possession.)

- Brilliant team player

(I have to manage the expectations of the kids, their teachers, my parents, my hubby, the helper, the inlaws, my students, their parents...the list goes on)

- Outstanding PR skills

( I am friends with almost everyone in the neighborhood, from the toilet aunty in my daughter's school, so that she will look after her when she visits the toilet cos she doesnt really do a good job wiping up after doing her big business, to the old Ah Lian hairdresser at the salon - so she can give me a cut and color in record time at a rock bottom price, to the bak chor mee uncle who will give me an xtra helping of mushrooms.

- Ability to speak multiple languages

( I speak a smattering of Cantonese, Hokkein, Teochew and even smaller bits of Malay together with English, Mandarin and French. But it is enough to endear me to most people. Maybe they find me amusing...haha)

So any potential employers who would like to hire me? I can start immediately!

2 comments:

Your Friendly Neighbour said...

I thought you are under Ryan Leong Pte Ltd's employment ? a...you can't resign , you can't take leave, you do not have medical reimbursement hmmm and you are on stand-by mode 24/7..Friend..you can frame up your CV la..

mother hen said...

Gee, can i copy your CV, present it to my abang and demand for a raise, otherwise i will quit my job and look for greener pastures?

 

Made by Lena