Sunday, January 20, 2013

Life, love and simple pleasures

I find much joy in simple things these days.

A long bus ride in the rain, listening to Daniel Powter and drinking my favourite Gong Cha...

2 hour mind and body numbing aerobic workouts...

Quickie lunches with my dearest girlfriends...

Curled up on the couch at midnight, nursing a cup of ginger tea, listening to oldies and planning my lessons...

Cradling my 2 month old niece...

3 hour non stop, tee shirt drenching badminton games with guys 10 years younger... (im no spring chicken but i can still play a mean game!)

Lone drives home at the end of the day singing along to my favourite songs at the top of my voice...

Watsapp chats with dear girlfriends who make me laugh out loud with silly comments....(you know who you are, i love you too, i will never forget our special group hugs haha)

The strength and vitality i feel after every yoga session...

A walk along the reservoir with my children, with the wind in our hairs, watching people fishing, jogging or just hanging around...

Playing my best friends' favourite tunes on the piano and hearing them singing along...

Snuggling down to a nap on a cold, rainy afternoon...

An unexpected concerned sms from an old friend whom i havent met in years...

Watching the eager and happy faces of the young children in school as they enjoy their lessons...

A steaming hot bowl of instant noodles with the half runny, half cooked egg done just right...


This morning i woke up to a message from a parent thanking me for a small favor that i did for her. "How did you manage to do that? You're always so lucky!" were her exact words.

I'd like to think that everything in my life has happened for a reason. 

And yes i am lucky, lucky to be surrounded by my family (albeit a little dysfunctional sometimes, but arent all families?) and friends who care so much. 
Im lucky to have my children, even when they test the limits of my tolerance all the time. 
Im lucky to have my health to enjoy all my sports and games.

And so, take a listen to this song from ages ago. 

It reminds me of a time when life was viewed through the rose tinted glasses of youth, when new experiences were approached with wide eyed innocence and anticipation, when love was less complicated.



"爱是一面镜妆
映照你的悲伤
多少背影在镜中不能遗忘
爱是一盏安祥唱着不变的原谅
让你最孤单时依然坚强"

Im sure one day ill find that peace which speaks of forgiveness, but till then ill find strength in my solitude.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena