Monday, April 26, 2010

Love letter

In case you cant read this, it says:



Dear Wei Pyn

My number 67570794

Love Terelle




I. Am. Floored



My daughter, who is all of 5, has just given her phone number to a boy.


She is kinda besotted with this boy from her class. A skinny little ball of energy named Wei Pyn.


Im not sure if she truly understands the meaning of love or perhaps she simply enjoys his company very much, because Wei Pyn, from what i can tell from my sneaky observations in school, is a spontaneous, fun loving and mischevious little boy.


He has many characteristics that are similar to my mafia queen and they are inseparable in class, always playing and chatting happily and even poking fun at their classmates together.


And so for the past few weeks, its been 'Wei Pyn this, Wei Pyn that". She tells me she wants to marry Wei Pyn when she grows up. When i say she's too young to be thinking about marriage, she retorts, "No not now Mummy, when Im big like you, I will marry Wei Pyn."


*Smacks forhead in disbelief*

He loves anything to do with Transformers and she brings Transformers stickers to school for him. Heck she even smuggles Thane's Transformers figurines into her schoolbag when he's not looking, to give them to Wei Pyn!


What disloyalty to her brother! haha!


And sometimes i catch her smiling to herself and when i ask her why, she tells me with a shy smile and a twinkle in her eye that she dreamt Wei Pyn got down on his knees and asked her to marry him.

Oh myGod.

The best part is, Wei Pyn actually called her that night, after she gave him the note in school.


The conversation went as follows:


Terelle: Hello? *giggle giggle* Hello? You want to talk to my brother?


*passes phone to Thane*


Thane: HAR-LOW??!! HAR-LOW!!?? WHO ARE YOU?


*snatches the phone back*


Terelle: My brother is very funny right? *giggle giggle* OK... ok... see you tomorrow! Bye!



And she comes up to me and says,"Mummy how come Wei Pyn sounds so squeaky on the phone? He sounds like a mouse!"


That's cos his voice hasnt broken yet!? That's cos both of you are 5 years old!!?


That's him, that's my supposed future son-in-law.

Sigh...should i start fretting now?

6 comments:

mandy said...

MUAHAHAHAHAHAH this is sooo funny and sooo cuteeeee.

BTW i think you should blur out yr telephone number. wait you kena prank call

xdd_rulz said...

hahah!this is so funny. but i think all kids will pass this stage in presch.all my cousins had their 'boyfriends' and 'girlfriends'.lol!

Mama Teo's Diaries said...

Terelle really made me laugh!

Chloe's mommy or daddy said...

ohmigod! This is really very funny! Chloe has a bf too (my neighbour) and even Colette has a bf which she bites!

storm said...

wah! I'm so glad that my En hasn't reached this stage! but yes, I can see why WP appeals to T. What does Daddy have to say about this?

sportycarelle said...

daddy is getting his shotgun ready. wahahahha

 

Made by Lena